- posted by Jennifer
- We asked one of our favorite florists in town, Blooms by Martha Andrews, to create some wedding bouquets for our recent vintage wedding gown photo shoot. I just love being surprised with what Martha comes up with!
This first wedding bouquet has the most wonderful vintage looking roses in it. And of course the attention to detail in the wrap is just beautiful. We had never seen roses this color! They were a cross between mauve and taupe and added such majestic beauty to this fantastic wedding bouquet.
- This second wedding bouquet Blooms provided used the very trendy purple theme that is hot right now. This color just pops off the page.
- For your wedding bouquet needs, check out Blooms by Martha Andrews.
Blooms by Martha Andrews is located in Lincoln, California. You can reach Martha at 916.300.5948.
- posted by Jennifer
- Audrey of Botanica Floral Designs is AMAZING! We had the pleasure of meeting Audrey and her work at NACE at Le Rivage in August. Botanica Floral Designs was chosen to do the flowers for the meeting and they turned out awesome. You may have seen our post about NACE at Le Rivage and Botanica Floral Designs back in August.
Well, our latest venture with Audrey and Botanica Floral Designs was when we called her with quite short notice to provide bouquets for a photo shoot in which we were shooting vintage wedding photos.
Check out this orange bouquet! Isn't it gorgeous?! I just love these tight, round bouquets. So pretty and it looked great with our vintage hat in our wedding photos!
- When we called Audrey, we let her know the style of the shoot and the accessories we were working with. How perfectly does this bouquet go with our feathered hat?! Love it! We had so much fun taking these vintage wedding photos. We had an abundance of vintage hats, gloves and jewelery to play up the feel we were looking for in our wedding photos.
- And, of course we needed a shot of red. This red bouquet was fabulous and the detailing was amazing. Those are shiny, black buttons on the ribbon. So cool! Audrey did such a fantastic job. The designs and colors of Audrey's bouquets added the wow! factor we were looking for in this vintage wedding photo shoot. Thanks, Audrey!
- posted by Jennifer
- On October 14, Carie and I had the pleasure of attending the 10th Anniversary of the Dream Wedding Show. I was asked to bring my camera and take some fun shots. Of course details are my favorite, so here is a little peak at the event!
- Some very wonderful people were given awards.
- posted by Teresa
- This last weekend we took the kids to the pumpkin patch in Wheatland, CA. If you have never been to Bishops Pumpkin Farm (http://www.bishopspumpkinfarm.com/) then you must go. It is so much fun, even without kids ;0) They take you out on a train ride to the pumpkin fields where you choose your pumpkin and cut it right off the vine!!! Here is Gracie sitting on her pumpkin so nobody can take it.
- The rule in our family is "If you can carry it you can have it" Alexis figured out that if she carries it on her head it makes it easier so she gets a bigger pumpkin than everyone else.
- I love this picture of Scotty and HarLee riding back with their pumpkins.
- I apologize that this picture is a little blurry. I had to use it as it is a rare occurrence that Alexis and Daniel look as though they like each other.
- There is also a train ride there that takes you around the entire patch. I love this shot Alexis took of HarLee as the train was entering the dark tunnel. Look at her face, you can see the fear all over it. Poor girl, we should have warned her. She cried through the whole rest of the train ride. Something tells me she will not be riding it again next year.
- It was my nephew Jaiden's first trip to the pumpkin patch this year. Doesn't he look adorable in his haunted house shirt in front of the HUGE pumpkins?
- Have a safe and Happy Halloween from the Vasquez Ghouls and Goblins.
- posted by Nicole
- So you all know how much we heart Carissa with Sugar & Spice and...!! This is because her desserts are amazing, her customer service stellar and her passion is infectious. Well....when I was gone for a few days last month, I had called in a special request to Carissa (sort of last minute) asking her to create a cake for my friend's son, who plans to be Captain America for Halloween. While, not only did she create a custom cake for Mr. Pierce, but she offered to deliver it on her lunch break and took these photos for me. It was Pierce's 4th birthday and he knew immediately when he saw the shield that this special chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and fresh raspberries was for him!!
I got a great call from Dana and Pierce later that day who were both so grateful to me for the surprise. I am so grateful to Carissa for her hard work and for doing a gal a favor so last minute. What can I say?! You rock!! Don't hesitate to call Carissa for your event dessert needs. That reminds me.....I think there's a family birthday coming up. Better make the call....gotta go...