- posted by Carie
- This week's Wedding Photo Wednesday Post is about those important "getting ready" shots that help tell your wedding day story. You can read our other Wedding Photo Wednesday Posts on our blog.
There are so many important photographs to get on your wedding day. You really need to think about what is most important to you when you are figuring out your wedding day timeline with your photographer. One important factor to consider is the getting ready shots. These photos are critical in telling your wedding day story in its entirety. Now generally, wedding photographers tend to spend more time with the girls. There is so much more involved with the bride and bridesmaids' primping therefore lots of great photo opportunities.
- The main thing we want you to think about in this timeline is whether the guys and the girls will be getting ready in the same location or different locations. If the guys and girls are in separate locations, your wedding photographer may run into some time constraints. We feel the wedding day is very much about the bride. Not that the groom is not important. Duh! He's super important but the bride is definitely the center of attention on her wedding day. So, if you and your groom must get ready in separate locations, you just may not be able to get as many photos of the groom and groomsmen while they primp. Your photographer can't be in two places at once obviously and if the locations are far from each other, the second shooter may not have time either.
- A little trick we've incorporated through the years is to "stage" the groom's getting ready shots so that we have some of those important photos for the album and to tell the entire wedding day story. Can you tell which of the above photos we're staged and which were taken during the actual getting ready action?
- posted by Jennifer
- Last week, I photographed little Jonah. He's two months old and still so tiny. His photo session started out a bit rough as he was having a "tired" day. He didn't get his afternoon nap and he wasn't ready to be put down, wanting Mommy or Daddy to hold him.
This first photo I took right away upon my arrival and it's one (of many) of my favorites from the day.
- We wanted to get some bum shots and what better prop than Daddy's arm.
- As you can see, Jonah was not a happy camper.
- So we took a break so that Rachel could feed Jonah. And I snapped a few pictures of Dough-Boy. He's a bit of a senior citizen so I'm glad I was able to get some photos that Rachel and Justin will be able to have of Dough-Boy in his golden years.
- After being fed a little more, Jonah was a bit more agreeable to our many ideas. Justin has this wonderful collection of books, in particular many versions of Catcher in the Rye.
- This little Charlie Brown shirt was so cute! Add to it the Lucy shirt and his little Snoopy friend and we had a great photo.
- Look at Jonah's beautiful eyes.....amazing!
- Okay, this by far is my most favorite baby photo EVER! Jonah could not have reacted better when we pinned him up on this mock clothes line.
The vans completed this outfit.
- At the end of our time together, Jonah was starting to yawn. So cute! Time for his missed nap.
Check out those socks!
- I can't wait til next time!
- posted by Jennifer
- This is Elly. I've known Elly now for a few years. I happened across her while she was working one day and I knew she would make a great model for me to photograph in some of my bridal gown shoots. But Elly's beauty goes beyond her great smile. You can feel her beauty when she sings. She's an amazing artist.
And now it was my turn to give back to her. She asked if I could take a few photos for her to use as she heads off to the Hollywood Music Institute. I'm so excited for Elly!
We planned a Sunday afternoon shoot a week ago, but I ended up calling her, waking her up, and told her "we better go soon or it will rain on us!" So in one hour, she was dressed and ready.
I am in love with this first photo! It's hauntingly beautiful I think.
- Elly wanted an outdoor setting, and she was a super trooper considering how freaking cold it was that day!
- Somehow she was able to smile through the chattering teeth.
- Her family gave her these instruments from Egypt. The drum was super heavy.
- You can't see the goose bumps on her legs but I swear they were there. :-)
- The wind was starting to pick up and every so often Elly had to move her gorgeous locks out of her face, and this was the result of one of those moments.
- Our last stop was this empty stadium. I told Elly about it and we both thought it was perfect for her.
- And this is my favorite of her smile and laughs. She is such a wonderful soul.
- I wish we could have had her sing from here! I think the few lingering people would have enjoyed her music.
- Good luck Elly! I can't wait to see you climb the charts.
- posted by Jennifer
- Last week I met up with Ashlie and Charlie and their newest addition Baby Will. They had driven up for a visit, and our photo shoot, from Southern California. We met at Ashlie's parents home and lucky for me their home was full of great props!
We started easy enough on Will and warmed him up to the camera.
- Ashlie and Charlie brought their puppy Jake too, and Jake was full of kisses. :-)
- We took advantage of some nice window back-light.
- When I saw this wonderful hat rack, I was giddy. And Ashlie's mom was a vintage teddy bear collector. We used some family heirloom teddy bears specifically. I love that we caught Will's grandma and grandpa in the mirror.
- Look at little Will smile up at Ashlie. What a cutie pie.
- I try to spend a little time with both mommy and daddy individually when photographing our Treasured Moments sessions.
- This just might be one of my all time favorites!
- Oh wait...this one might be one of my new favorites now too.
- Will has such strength already. He held his neck up all by himself.
- Strangely, Will likes being changed! He smiles easily as daddy changes him.
- We wanted some bum shots of course and this travel case was the best prop ever.
- I'm a huge sucker for feet photos.
- And the last photo of the afternoon together was of poor Will sleeping away in a basket. We completely tuckered him out. I had so much fun, and I can't wait for our next visit!
- posted by Carie