- posted by Jennifer
- Indeed, weddings are definitely one of the happiest moments in a person's life. But, this momentous occasion does not always come as blissful as the event itself. Days and even months before the big day, couples usually cram up with the littlest details. The wedding planning process includes listing down and cutting down everything into specific details such as the wedding date, the venue, the reception, the caterer, the designer of the gown and suit, all the way down to the wedding coverage.
Because of hectic schedules, most couples usually do not pay much attention to one of the crucial things in their wedding: the wedding coverage. Despite the overwhelming tension and excitement, couples do not have to be nonchalant when choosing their wedding photographers if they want their fun times and precious memories recorded very well.
- Choosing Your Wedding Photographer
To avoid making this slight neglect that usually leads disastrous results, couples have to decide first what kind of wedding photography they would want to have. Most wedding photographers today categorize the types of wedding photography into two of the traditional or classic style and the wedding photo-journalistic style.
Today, the most common style used by wedding photographers is the traditional or classic wedding photography, and is considered as a 'timeless' and the 'safest' style because it's what you normally see in countless wedding albums. Characterized by classic poses of subjects aware of the camera, this style involves so much control from the photographer because he is in-charge in arranging individual and group shots before, during, and even after the wedding.
Here, the photographer must have excellent portraiture skills to focus more on the quality of the photograph by making the subject look great from the littlest details. Expect typical wedding photos like pre-ceremony pictures, formal shots of the bride and groom posing with bridesmaids and ushers, cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss when you choose a classic wedding photography. This style is ideal if the couple would want to keep portraits of family members for their wedding album.
If the couple is adventurous and unconventional, then you might want to consider the wedding photojournalistic style of photography on your big day. An increasingly popular style today, wedding photojournalism offers fresh and new style of taking photos in the occasion. Characterized by candid shots of the subjects unaware of the moving camera, the photojournalism style lets the attendees act freely to capture their pure and true emotion.
Sourcing style from his experience in journalism, the 'photojournalist' pays more attention to minute details and candid shots rather than arranged ones. He's more into eyeing interesting moments and capturing those in his lens to produce a narrative collection of images that tell a story. Although some traditional poses will be present, expect photos that show actual emotions of the bride and groom and of other participants throughout the duration of the wedding when you choose the photojournalism style.
While wedding planning, make sure that you meet up with your photographer first to avoid ruining the documentation of that big event. Make sure that that early on, the wedding photographer meets all of your standards. When you meet with the photographer before hand, you could discuss the details you want. Just keep in mind that you'll be seeing your photographer throughout the whole day, so meeting your photographer is truly important because you want to make the best possible connection with him/her.
Nowadays, most people rely on reviews, and browsing through wedding websites, social media, or getting referrals through friends and families can definitely narrow down your search. Here at The Memory Journalists, we know how significant photography is. So, if it's important to you, don't skimp on the cost, and find good quality photographers in your area!
- posted by Mai
- Wedding planning is the most crucial part of any successful wedding. For couples who are planning to get married soon, the best thing that they should focus on as early as now is how to plan for their wedding in a systemized and orderly manner.
Planning a wedding could be easy as 1,2,3 if only you know what are the things that you should prioritize. Here are some tips that would help you get started to that successful wedding planning:
- 1. Choosing the wedding attire. For most women, weddings are all about gowns. Since this is the case, take time to research on wedding attires and gowns in general. This is crucial because instead of spending so much time in opening one site to another, you can save more time if the site has everything that you need to know. When researching, make sure that you take note about wedding dress styles available, how to choose a wedding dress for a specific body type, stores that sell quality gowns, price ranges for each wedding dress style or design, and the accessories, jewelry, or shoes that would complement each wedding dress type as well as the hairstyles and make up perfect for the wedding dress you have in mind.
It would also be practical to include a little research about for rent wedding dresses in case you couldnít find your dream wedding dress on sale. Make sure that you print everything after so you can use it as a guide once you go out for wedding dress shopping. Aside from conducting research online, you can also browse bridal magazines such as Modern Bride, Brides, and so much more and cut out the photos of the wedding dress that tickle your fancy. You can even bring the entire magazine itself once you decide to visit bridal stores.
- 2. Look for a nice but cheaper venue. Experts say that it will be better if you have chosen one place where the wedding will be held as well as the reception. But since not all cases allow this, the best alternative that you have is to look for a nice restaurant near the place of the wedding for the reception.
- 3. Pay attention to the wedding ring. During wedding planning, a considerable amount of time should be given in searching for that perfect diamond wedding ring. This is because it can be stressful and strenuous because there are so many things to consider such as the beauty, shape, size, and cost. The best thing you can do is to trim down these options based on your personal preference and taste. If you are one of those couples who are planning to buy a diamond wedding ring set for the wedding, it would be best if you find time to research on what is available.
If you are looking for the fastest and easiest way to get information on this, browsing the Internet is the way to go. But you can also make appointments with vendors and venues to physically experience and envision your day. Communication is key as well, and it's important to have that special connection with the people you may potentially be working with.
Need somewhere to start? Find many inspirations at our Memory Journalists Pinterest page for wedding dresses, venues, and more.
I hope these 3 tips get you started on the right foot to planning your wedding. Good luck!