- posted by Mai
- It might already feel like Spring and Summer in the west coast, and wedding bells should be ringing again and again. But this season brings out the best in wedding dresses, and I have them right here for you. From sleek modern styles, to trendy blush pinks, I just can't help but fall in love. And, after watching the Cinderella movie, it reminded me of how much wedding dresses has evolved over the years. Now, it's more about trends and styles that are shutting away some traditions. I suppose, we must move forward and embrace modernity.
Of course, as trend occurs, so does style and silhouette. One of my favorite designers is J. Mendel. I think I've already made up my mind on my future wedding dress. His designs are so purely simple, and totally chic, like this Crewneck Gown in Degradé Picot-edge Strip Technique with a Raw-edge Organza Ruffled Skirt. The silhouette itself trends in various dresses all over the world.
- This Strapless Silk Bustier Gown with the Layered Skirt and Raw-Edge Band Detail on the Bodice just screams out simple elegance. I think you must appreciate a little detail that makes this dress "the one." The way it's fitted, and how it falls nicely into an a-line silhouette.
- Well, HELLO wedding dress! Should I order this dress now? The Long Sleeve Gown with Graphic Lace Embroidered Top and Silk Crepe Wrap Skirt is On Trend. I think this could even work as a bridesmaids dress, what do you think? I just love how modern this look is, and wouldn't mind walking down the aisle in it.
- In moving forward, non-traditional dresses like this Vera Wang blush pink is absolutely gorgeous. I bet any girl would feel like Cinderella in it, even though it's not blue. The ombre effect of the organza channels the soft, pink tones, which really makes this dress stand out. Who doesn't dream of a VW dress.
- It's time to add in a little lace with this Love Marley dress. Lace is often used and sometimes overused, but this one has just the right amount with lace motif on the bodice and a soft sheer netting. The illusion neckline makes this dress very romantic, and trendy in my book.
- Talk about simplicity and sophistication, this dress says it all. The Morgan gown by Nicole Miller is actually from her Fall 2015 line, but who says you can't make it a Spring/Summer dress. You will be so comfortable in this luxurious silk stretch fabric that will make your perfect day run smoothly.
- So, have you made a decision? Will you go with modern and sleek silhouettes, non-traditional and romantic, or simple and sophistication? Sometimes these trends never die out, they just get more stylish throughout the years and are implemented with modern, intricate details that draws you in. But if nothing works out, don't be afraid going back to traditions. Ring the bell when you're ready!
Need more inspiration to speed up your dressmaking decisions? Check out Wedding Dresses on our Memory Journalists Pinterest page.