- posted by Jennifer
- The last few years we've done a year end review post and this year is no different...except it's getting harder and harder to pick pictures. :-) I'm super stoked to report that my goal was to blog post at least once a day this year..on average anyway...and we've done it! Almost 400 blog posts in 2009. I know we don't post just work related posts...on purpose. We want to post the quirky tidbits and the special moments in our personal lives. As readers, we hope you get a glimpse into our lives, personalities, and our style.
We've had a great team this year with some surprise help too, such as my friend Jenny - who sadly moved away just after we shot a few engagement sessions together. And we've hired some great new office staff this year - Carie is the bomb! And we launched our new look with our new website.
I thought I'd do something a bit different this year and tell you why I love our clients so much. And, why they become our friends. We don't shoot a ton of weddings every year, rather we try to connect with those who exemplify and share in my passion for life....and living. My clients are the best and I love them all.
Jessie and Brian hold a very dear place in my heart. Jessie is such a 'tell it like it is girl' and Brian just adores her. Every email I've ever received from Jessie has been full of excitement. Jessie was diagnosed with terminal cancer - but chose to ignore deaths' knock. And the love they feel for life shows in every photo we took of this couple...and you may recognize them as we have made them our 2009/2010 ad models!
I appreciate that my clients, such as Stephani, let me know they are thinking of me and making sure I'm okay when they read about my mom being in the hospital.
When I first met Marites and Gil I knew we were meant to become friends. Gil's chosen theme for their wedding was "Passion for Love. Passion for Life." Gil and Marites had the best reception of 2009...with their choreographed first dance that had the guests cheering....until Tyler sang Pretty Woman to Larissa. Tyler and Larissa are so full of life! Now there is a tie for the "best reception of 2009."
I won't go into every couple and every wedding, but every one of our clients has a special place in my heart. We connect on colors, on shoes, on food (yes, I'm a firm believer in eating!), on music, and mostly we connect about life. I hope what you see in our year end review is what defines our style. I tried very hard not to select detail shots, although we love them, because it's the people that matter most. You will see quiet moments with loving looks, you will see some sexy moments, but mostly you will see a lot, and I mean A LOT of laughter. And of course, you'll see some of my favorites of the year. Waiting for these special moments...to capture these special moments...it's so vibrantly full of life.
All our clients are beautiful - inside and out. Thanks for making 2009 such a remarkably wonderful year!
Please click the below image of Jessie and Brian, to start the Year End slideshow. Enjoy! Please be patient as it loads.
- posted by Nicole
- So you all know how much we heart Carissa with Sugar & Spice and...!! This is because her desserts are amazing, her customer service stellar and her passion is infectious. Well....when I was gone for a few days last month, I had called in a special request to Carissa (sort of last minute) asking her to create a cake for my friend's son, who plans to be Captain America for Halloween. While, not only did she create a custom cake for Mr. Pierce, but she offered to deliver it on her lunch break and took these photos for me. It was Pierce's 4th birthday and he knew immediately when he saw the shield that this special chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and fresh raspberries was for him!!
I got a great call from Dana and Pierce later that day who were both so grateful to me for the surprise. I am so grateful to Carissa for her hard work and for doing a gal a favor so last minute. What can I say?! You rock!! Don't hesitate to call Carissa for your event dessert needs. That reminds me.....I think there's a family birthday coming up. Better make the call....gotta go...
- posted by Nicole
- Last week I attended a "Meet the Dream Team" event in San Francisco, where brides and a few vendors where able to come meet those working together on the 2010 San Francisco Dream Wedding Giveaway. What's this you ask? Well...it's a team of 40 outstanding professionals that have joined together to offer one lucky couple a chance to win a wedding for 75 of their closest friends, valued at $100,000!!! The wedding will take place at the amazing Hotel Vitale followed by a romantic 3-day getaway for the couple to Napa.
The contest ends on November 25, so be sure to enter now for your chance to win!
- This fantastic popcorn station was created together by Nancy Liu Chin, floral designer, with the outrageous flavors coming from Thatcher's in the Bay Area. This is a unique spin on a candy station! The flavors were amazing, including Jalapeno and Cookies and Cream!
- These are unique cake toppers made by the innovative and always creative Stacie Tamaki of The Flirty Guide.
- This shrimp one is SO crafty! Great for a ocean side location.
- posted by Nicole
- I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter! Reese's Pieces are the best.
Thanksgiving is the best holiday. Every year, right before the holiday, we get our friends together for a Friends Thanksgiving, which is about 20-25 people at one table and everyone stuffs themselves silly with great food, great wine and infectious laughs.
Blue is my favorite color.
I love all seasons for different reasons. Spring because of the amazing weather, it's the greatest combination of cool and warm weather. Summer b/c I can't wait to get in the water. Fall b/c of the changing leaves, first rains and combination weather - jeans and flip flops. Winter b/c I love to watch fresh snow fall and then go out and play in it!
I am both a girly girl and a tom boy. I love to dress up, buy new make-up and can't pass up the perfect pair of 4 heels. For me heels over flats any day, unless they're flip flops. I can be a tomboy too - I can leave all that stuff at home and go camping for days w/o running water, getting dirty, etc.
My biggest peeve is people who think they are better than everyone else and talk poorly about others behind their back. You can gain popularity and recognition without taking others down.
I hope I'll never have to choose a last meal but if I did, it would include sushi rolls and a well aged glass of red wine, although perhaps not together.
'80s, for sure is the best decade of music! I love Van Morrison: Into the Mystic. I love Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake, Pink, Journey, Pearl Jam.
I'm passionate about saving dogs. I hope to be able to create a rescue facility (in my 10 year plan) for those dogs people don't want or think can't be rehabilitated. Maybe Cesar will help! ;-)
I'm addicted to caffeine!!!!!!
The smell of a first rain is the best. Or the smell while you walk along a beach is amazing.
I'd recommend Dirty Dancing and any Ben Stiller movie (Along Came Polly, Something About Mary&)
We have one dog - Kylie our beloved Pit.
We don't watch much TV. But I do like Whale Wars.
My favorite food is Sushi!! Chopsticks down!
I used to work in the wine industry.
I'm going to be 30 this year! Waaahhhhh!!
Dogs are drawn to me&I like to think. We have had at least 4 lost/abandoned dogs wander up to our house or follow me home. One was sitting on the porch when I came out one day!
Mariah Carey is the CD in my car right now. The song I sing in the car every time& -I Will Survive!
I hate to run. If God wanted me to run, he would have given me 4 legs instead of 2 arms.
The best gift I've ever received& my engagement ring!
I love family.
I love JAS.
I love our 12 year old puppy.
I love my closest friends.
I love laughter!!
I love animals...that don't want to eat me.
I love lying on the beach and listening to the sound of the waves crashing.
I love watching a couple's emotions during their vows.
I love a comfortable and cute pair of high heels.
I love live music&all of it!
I love the feeling after a great workout.
I love to stop and smell the roses along our walkway every day.
I love to watch Kylie swim.
I love a perfectly fitted pair of jeans.
I love the outdoors.
- posted by Jennifer
- Nicole is currently in sunny Miami Beach and she sent me this picture - I'm jealous for sure!As she put it, she's doing quality control on cool beverages!